On the first day I set out with the goals over the week to do the following...
1. Refine possibilities and connections that better meet grade level expectations using standards
2. Present a clear structure and possibilities for all art projects and grade levels via a web page
I really kept an open mind with Bjorn's pace and instructional practices. I knew coming into this class, I needed to learn as much as I possibly could to create a website for my department. Being an Unified Arts Teacher, I am expected to make my program transparent to students, parents, and fellow faculty.
I absorbed as much as I could over the week. One program at a time! I set my goals four days ago. Funny to look at these goals...I did not finish my website today but I feel that I nailed my goals. I will complete my site prior to our follow-up meeting in July.
I now have a structured site that has multiple pages that demonstrate my overall program criteria, grade level goals, assessment criteria/strategies, district wide curriculum, and much more. Since I had to create a structure to display these concepts, I had to take some time to refine the information I was posting to this site.
Overall recap...I had a blast...learned multiple tools that will only make me a better teacher, and created projects that can be used as exemplars when instructing students. I would take this course again. Thank you Bjorn!
-biL albrighT
CMS ART TEACHER
Time is a typical factor when working with technology but at least you are on your way of finishing some stuff...
ReplyDelete